17 – 19 May 2024
Our annual Get Active event is returning to Croyde Bay from 17 – 19 May 2024! This year’s theme is “organising for equality, respect, and fair treatment”.
Over three days of inspirational talks, training and networking, attendees will learn new tools and methods to help tackle issues and campaign for change. We will also be celebrating UNISON’s year of LGBT+ workers with a dedicated panel and workshop.
Our aim with our Get Active 2024 event is to inspire members to start their journey with UNISON, build their confidence and to learn and develop new skills to tackle issues and effect change. It is broadly aimed at encouraging members to get involved who haven’t been active in their union yet.
Book your place
Booking opens at noon on Monday 12 February.
We have three workshops lined up, and you’ll get to attend them all.
- Organising to win – successful campaigning in your branch
- Organising migrant workers
- What is LGBT+ self-organisation? How can allies support SOGs?
Over the three days we’ll have a number of plenary sessions including:
- Know your union
(be prepared to earn counters – it gets competitive!)
- Why members should still be fighting for LGBT+ equality
- Migrant Workers – what branches and activists need to know