28 November 2023 9:30am–3:30pm
Branch Treasurer Training
28th November 09:30-15:30
The aim of the course is to provide an overview of the role & responsibilities of the treasurer and how this fits into the UNISON Branch Committee –
- Identify the main duties and responsibilities of a UNISON branch treasurer
- To recognise the role of the branch treasurer in organising and supporting the branch
- Understand the branch accounting cycle
- Understand the role of the branch treasurer in budgeting and managing finances as part of the joint branch assessment (JBA)
- To identify the role that branch finance plays supporting and achieving UNISON’s priorities and objectives
- To recognise the role of the branch treasurer in organising and supporting the branch Digital Organising Framework
You should make your Branch aware that you are attending this course in order for them to keep their records up to date and ensure you receive up to date information relevant to your role.
If you are in need of support to request time off from your work to attend please talk to the branch to gain support.
You may have a local policy to support with gaining reasonable time off to attend training from your employer. There is also guidance via ACAS – Time off advice
If you have any questions about the course please do not hesitate to get in contact with us
To be added to our waiting list please email the Education & Equalities Team. We also have other dates available on our events page.
Email: SW Education Enquiries