7 February 2022 9:30am–12:30pm
This course is for all UNISON activists looking to gain skills in writing effective motions for branch meetings and conferences.
The course will include:
– The structure of an effective motion
– How to word your motion to increase the chance it is heard
– Does and don’ts of motion writing
– How committees and conferences handle motions
– A chance to practice motion writing
You should make your Branch aware that you are attending this course in order for them to keep their records up to date and ensure you receive up to date information relevant to your role. If you are in need of support to request time off from your work to attend please talk to the branch to gain support.
You may have a local policy to support with gaining reasonable time off to attend training from your employer. There is also guidance via ACAS – Time off advice
If you have any questions about the course please do not hesitate to get in contact with us
Email: SW Education Enquiries