25 April – 23 May 2019
As a steward you are a vital link in the union chain and have an important role to play in organising members at local level.
The course will help you to:
- understand the role of an organising union in public services;
- recognise the importance of equalities in UNISON;
- work with members to tackle issues in the workplace;
- work with members in resolving cases;
- know where and when to seek advice and guidance;
- understand how procedures work in practice;
- handle grievance and disciplinary and similar types of cases as the representative of UNISON members within your workplace;
- be certified as competent to accompany members at a disciplinary and grievance hearing in line with Employment Relations Act 1999;
- understand the broader roles in which UNISON operates, including internationally.
There is no charge for this course.
To apply for this course please download the application form in the Resources tab below, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01823 285314
This course is the initial Organising Steward training which reps must attend prior to booking on to any Steward Pathway training.
This course will run for five consecutive Thursday’s on the following dates;
- Thursday 25th April
- Thursday 2nd May
- Thursday 9th May
- Thursday 16th May
- Thursday 23rd May