8 April 2021 9:30am–4:30pm
Pathways Courses for UNISON Activists
Two 2-hour sessions on the same day.
This course is open to all Health and Safety Representatives, Stewards and activists.
The course will cover:
• The causes of stress and its effects on the health of members
• Statutory and common law concerning stress
• Understanding how risk assessments can be used as part of a workplace strategy on stress prevention
• Preparing and implementing a policy on stress prevention
• Identifying measures to include in a workplace stress reduction programme
• Developing stress resource materials and information for use in the workplace and union
Thursday 8th April
9.30 am – 11.30 am and 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm
Stewards Pathways - Tackling Stress
You should make your Branch aware that you are attending this course in order for them to keep their records up to date and ensure you receive up to date information relevant to your role. If you are in need of support to request time off from your work to attend please talk to the branch to gain support.
You may have a local policy to support with gaining reasonable time off to attend training from your employer. There is also guidance via ACAS – Time off advice
If you have any questions about the course please do not hesitate to get in contact with us
Email: SW Education Enquiries
This course is tutored by Mark Everden Regional Education Organiser