9 December 2017 10:00am–4:00pm
UNISON Bristol regional office
Workers of all countries – unite! That is the spirit in which we are launching the South West international officers training and network.
With the world facing increasing instability, it is more important than ever that UNISON has strong international links. From supporting trade unionists abroad to ensuring employer supply chains are free of exploitation, the role of the branch international relations officer (BIRO) is central.
To start with, all BIROs are invited to a day of training, discussion and planning. The event will be held from 10:00 to 16:00 at the latest on Saturday 9 December.
The venue will be: UNISON South West, Wine Street, Bristol BS1 2BD. Lunch will be provided.
The broad objectives will be as follows:
- Give BIROs the confidence and skills to start projects in their own branches
- Develop a regional workplan for the year
- Get an update from the International Department in HQ on the union’s work
This event is open to all BIROs. If your branch does not have a BIRO then another member is welcome to attend; please feel free to advertise this out to UNISON members.
- 10:00 – introductions and icebreaker
- 10:30 – what is UNISON’s international work? With UNISON international officer Nick Crook
- 11:30 – break
- 11:45 – how to be a Branch International Relations Officer
- 12:45 – lunch
- 13:30 – the year ahead: developing an international workplan for the South West
- 15:00 – questions and AOB
- 15:30 – close
If you have questions about this event please contact Fred on email@example.com