9 September 2017 12:00pm–4:00pm
Join the rally for Bristol and tell the government: invest in our city! With local services at breaking point, the leaders of the ten biggest UK cities have called a day of action on 9 September.
Theresa May’s government lost support at the last election and needs to listen to what the public is saying and put proper investment into public services.
Ten years after the financial crisis, our public services have borne the brunt of the consequences. Underpaid staff, overstretched services, and no end to cuts on the horizon.
Enough is enough.
UNISON is supporting the Rally for Bristol called by the mayor Marvin Rees.
Public services aren’t an optional extra – they’re the backbone of society. Essential services like care, the NHS, schools and local government should be reaching world class standards, not being starved of funding as is the case now.
The ten biggest UK cities, known as the “core cities”, have produced a policy document called Invest – Reform – Trust which calls for sustainable finances for public services, better ways of working to prevent problems arising, and more devolution so local people can make services work for their places.
What you can do
- Bring your colleagues and family to the rally for Bristol on 9 September
- Share this event on Facebook and Twitter, and tag @UNISONSW so we can say hi!
- Print out this Rally for Bristol poster and put it up at work
- Tell us your story about a public service you use or work in, by sending an email to email@example.com
- Use our template message to send an email to your MP asking them to back the Rally for Bristol and investment in public services. Tip: make sure you add in your personal story to make the message harder hitting.