17 – 18 November 2016
UNISON South West, Vintry Building
Trade unions have always been at the forefront of identifying and campaigning on issues that affect their members’ safety and health. For example: asbestos, hazardous substances and Work Related Upper Limb Disorders (WRULDs). So it is with mental health.
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at Stewards, H&S Reps, Equalities Reps and Branch Offcers, to help them deal with the increasingly common situation of employees who are diagnosed with mental health issues.
What will I learn?
The course aims to help Reps to:
- Outline some commonly held perceptions about mental health
- Identify some of the common signs and symptoms of poor mental health in the workplace
- Discuss and explore strategies for early intervention and support for members experiencing mental ill health
- Negotiate a mental health well-being policy with your employer
- Find strategies for coping with union-related stress and getting help and support
This course is run over 2 days but is a non-residential course.
There is no charge to branches for this course.