14 November 2017 8:30am–3:30pm
Truro / Wareham
This course covers UNISON’s commitment to reflecting the diversity of its members and an introduction to equality legislation. It is designed to raise awareness of potential discrimination in the workplace.
The course will help participants to:
- review UNISON’s rules in relation to proportionality, fair representation and self-organisation
- have an understanding of the development of anti-discrimination legislation, culminating in the Equality Act 2010
- have an understanding of the definitions of direct and indirect discrimination, victimisation, harassment and equal pay
- recognise when discrimination is taking place in the workplace
- have a view of the government’s approach to amending the legislation
- understand how the Public Sector Equality Duty could be of use in improving members’ terms and conditions at work
- have an awareness of legislation relating to work and family life
There is no charge for this course.
It is being held on the same day in Truro and Wareham. Please indicate which you would like to attend on your booking form or email.
To apply for this course please download the application form in the Resources tab below, email us on email@example.com or telephone 01823 285314
This course is Module Three of our Stewards Pathway and is open to all reps and stewards who have completed the initial Organising Stewards training.