18 January 2018 9:30am–4:30pm
Bristol / Exeter / Taunton
The course focuses on talking to employers as an essential part of the steward’s role and stresses the importance of preparation and practice.
The course aims to develop your skills, knowledge and will help stewards to:
- Understand what negotiating is
- Understand how to negotiate and appreciate different management styles
- Develop an effective negotiating team
- Develop casework skills
- Prepare a claim with bargaining information
- Learn how to respond to tactics during negotiations
There is no charge for this course.
It is being held on the same day in Bristol, Exeter and Taunton. Please indicate which you would like to attend on your booking form or email.
Online booking is available for Bristol and Exeter, follow the links available on the right-hand side of this page. To apply for Taunton please download the application form in the Resources tab below, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01823 285314
This course is Module Four of our Stewards Pathway and is open to all reps and stewards who have completed the initial Organising Stewards training.