21 – 23 June 2019
This residential weekend is designed to be both informative and experimental, enabling participants to:
- gain a thorough understanding of what mindfulness is
- experience a variety of foundational mindfulness practices
- learn how to incorporate mindfulness techniques into daily life
- receive a comprehensive information pack to refer to in the future
- take home guided CDs for continuing home practice
Learning mindfulness is a relaxing and enjoyable experience and provides people with the skills to reduce stress and become more creative and fulfilled.
The many benefits that the regular practice of mindfulness can bring have been widely demonstrated in both clinical and work settings, and are backed up by neuroscience research showing that the brain develops new pathways which support improvements in mood, mental clarity and focus, and reduce anxiety.
The course is suitable for anyone who is open to learning new skills that will enhance the quality of your life. No prior experience is required. The course can also act as a refresher for people who have previously learned mindfulness.
UNISON courses are free for members to attend.
There is a charge of £300 per delegate to branches for this course.