12 November 2021 9:30am
Health & Safety for UNISON Health & Safety Reps
A blended learning approach of 30 hours over 5 weeks including 2.5-hour online sessions on dates below:
1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 March
9.30 am – 12.00 pm
This online version of the Stage 1 Health and Safety Course is aimed at new Health and Safety Representatives.
The course will cover:
• The role of the H&S Rep
• The rights of the H&S rep and health and safety law
• Responsibilities of the employer
• Carrying out workplace inspections
• Understanding Risk Assessment
• Organising around health and safety issues
• Raising health and safety issue with the employer
You should make your Branch aware that you are attending this course in order for them to keep their records up to date and ensure you receive up to date information relevant to your role.
If you are in need of support to request time off from your work to attend please talk to the branch to gain support.
You may have a local policy to support with gaining reasonable time off to attend training from your employer. There is also guidance via ACAS – Time off advice
If you have any questions about the course please do not hesitate to get in contact with us
Email: SW Education Enquiries