24 – 25 January 2020
Somerset County Cricket Club, Taunton
Our annual Get Active event will take place in January 2020 entitled ‘Hope Action Change’. Over two days of talks, training and networking, attendees will learn new tools and methods to help tackle issues and campaign for change.
Our aim with our Get Active 2020 event is to inspire members to start their journey with UNISON, building confidence and to learn and develop new skills to tackle issues and effect change.
You will experience a wide range of workshops and speakers, alongside opportunities to chat to colleagues from across UNISON South West, to meet your Convenors and NEC members, and to see for yourselves some of the great organisations who work with us.
We have some brilliant workshops to choose from:
- DIY Art in Activism
- Remaking our world: how workers win on the environment
- Mental Health – why it’s a union issue
- Action Plan for Equality
- EU Settled Status and challenging hostile environments
- Birmingham Homecare Strike – mobilising to win using issue based organising
- 10 top tips for getting your voice heard
- Campaigning through social media
- Confidence building
For full workshop descriptions please see:
A note for Branch Leaders
Please do encourage new activists from your branch to sign up.
If you are registering on behalf of someone else, you must provide that member’s details to ensure they can access the event. Multiple registrations in the same name will not be accepted.
Get Active fees are charged to branches:
- £25 for first time attendees
- £50 for delegates who have been before
Delegates must have the approval of your branch to attend Get Active. Branches are responsible for all costs associated with attending the event including travel and accommodation.
Once you have registered you will receive confirmation and reminder e-mails from our Eventbrite account. Please do not unsubscribe to notifications from the organiser as we may use these for surveys and further information about the event.
On Friday evening our famous Awards dinner will again be open to all delegates attending Get Active.
The awards include:
- Eric Roberts Organising Rep of the Year
- Eric Roberts Organising Rep of the Year (Community, Voluntary or Private Sector)
- Bob Cotton Health and Safety Award
- Equality Award
- Learning Initiative Award
- Young Member of the Year
- Branch of the Year
Make a nomination by following the link below: