25 – 26 January 2019
Get Active returns for 2019 with a Celebration of the Year of Young Workers. Over two days of talks, training and networking, attendees will learn what issues are facing Young Workers and learn new tools and methods to help tackle issues and campaign for change.
Our aim with our Get Active 2019 event is to provide you with a wealth of experiences to help you feel equipped to really get active within UNISON.
You will experience a wide range of workshops and speakers, alongside opportunities to chat to colleagues from across UNISON South West, to meet your Convenors and NEC members, and to see for yourselves some of the great organisations who work with us.
14 January 2019 — 4:00 pm
We have thirteen brilliant workshops to choose from:
- Still Just a Bit of Banter?
- The Strike Game
- Mental Health Awareness
- From Smartphone to Social – Creating Campaign Videos
- Apprenticeships – Implementing the Charter
- Blogging and Social Media
- Knowing Your Rights in the Workplace
- Taking Up Space – Confidence Building
- Tan Teddy – Caribbean Singing Workshop
- UNISON and Labour: Getting Political with Your Union
- Your Next Steps in UNISON
- Street Solidarity
- From the Branch to the General Secretary: Your Guide to How UNISON Works
For full workshop descriptions click here:
On Friday evening our famous Awards dinner will again be open to all delegates attending Get Active. This year we’ll have food from around the world and special guests including Gordon McKay, UNISON President, Kendal Bromley-Bewes, Chair of UNISON’s Young Members Forum and Tan Teddy, Caribbean Singing Group.
The awards include:
- Eric Roberts Organising Rep of the Year
- Eric Roberts Organising Rep of the Year (Community, Voluntary or Private Sector)
- Bob Cotton Health and Safety Award
- Equality Award
- Learning Initiative Award
- Young Member of the Year
- Branch of the Year
Make a nomination by following the link below:
A note for Branch Leaders
Please do encourage new activists from your branch to sign up.
If you are registering on behalf of someone else, you must provide that member’s details to ensure they can access the event. Multiple registrations in the same name will not be accepted.
Get Active fees are charged to branches:
- £25 for first time attendees
- £50 for delegates who have been before
Delegates must have the approval of your branch to attend Get Active. Branches are responsible for all costs associated with attending the event including travel and accommodation.
Once you have registered you will receive confirmation and reminder e-mails from our Eventbrite account. Please do not unsubscribe to notifications from the organiser as we may use these for surveys and further information about the event.