12 May 2022 9:30am–12:30pm
Stewards Pathway – Further Representation Skills
12 & 19 May
9.30am – 12.30pm
Two half days sessions with a workplace activity in between.
This course reinforces some approaches and procedures for representing members introduced in the Organising Stewards Course and explores in more detail:
- The process for identifying needs and exploring what is and isn’t a case
- Recapping on useful sources of information
- Preparing for a grievance or capability case
- Planning and building a case
- Possible outcomes of a case
- Building confidence and getting organised
You should make your Branch aware that you are attending this course in order for them to keep their records up to date and ensure you receive up to date information relevant to your role. If you are in need of support to request time off from your work to attend please talk to the branch to gain support.
You may have a local policy to support with gaining reasonable time off to attend training from your employer. There is also guidance via ACAS – Time off advice
If you have any questions about the course please do not hesitate to get in contact with us
Email: SW Education Enquiries