18 July 2019 10:30am–5:30pm
- are you aware of UNISON’s guidance Domestic Violence and a Abuse: a trade union issue?
- do you know how domestic abuse affects victims, colleagues and managers?
- do you know how much domestic abuse costs your organisation?
- does your employer have a domestic abuse policy?
The issues surrounding domestic violence and abuse are complex particularly as legislation now recognises controlling and coercive behaviour. This training delivered by Women’s Aid will cover the following:
- the global context of domestic violence and abuse
- the UK context – relating to the workplace
- revisiting domestic violence/abuse and the use of coercion
- understanding of how supporting/working alongside a victim/survivor may impact on colleagues and managers
- recognising the signs and symptoms of someone experiencing domestic violence/abuse
- supporting an employee/colleague experiencing domestic violence in the work place
- asking the question and responding effectively to a disclosure
- domestic violence policy and procedures – the way forward including negotiating a policy with your employer
UNISON courses are free for members to attend.
There is a charge of £25 per delegate to branches for this course.