5 September 2017 10:00am–12:00pm
The training aims to build confidence and encourage more Black members to become active in UNISON at all levels and also to become leaders in your workplace.
This course is open to Black activists and members within the South West Region. In UNISON Black is used in its political sense to describe people of all heritages (BME, BAME etc).
It will be delivered by an external tutor.
The course includes:
- Black members as leaders within the union and workplaces
- Inspirational Black leaders
- Campaigning and organising around Black issues
- The political and social context of Black communities within the UK
- Why Black members should get involved in UNISON