8 June 2021 6:00pm
Things get better with UNISON learning.
UNISON is offering a fantastic full course option for UNISON members in the South West.
Compassionate & Mindful Resilience Course – Supporting research for Newcastle University
What will I learn?
– Explore Mindfulness
– Cultivate emotional intelligence
– Develop resilience
– Create Positive home practice
A blend of learning through concepts, practice and exercises delivered online.
Tutor: Karen Atkinson Mindfulness UK
The sessions for this workshop will take place over a four week period with each session being 2 hours.
You must be available for all four sessions.
A log in link to the online session will be sent to you before the course start date. This course will run via ZOOM an online platform. We advise the use of a laptop or tablet to join this learning offer.
8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th June
Session Time: 1800-2000
During this session we will also be supporting a research project with Newcastle University.
- Why – we want to support the many anecdotal reports we have of the positive impact of the course with hard research. This will give even greater credence to the efficacy of the course and we can further describe the likely outcomes for participants.
- What – each participant will be invited to complete 3 assessment scales (simple on-line questionnaires) which will their self-rating across mindfulness, compassion and resilience. These will be completely anonymous because we wont use names but a simple code that only the researchers will see.
- When – we will ask participants to complete these at the start of the program, at the end of the program and 3 months after completion to give us a “before” and “after” picture as well as a sense of how sustainable the benefits are beyond the direct experience of the course.
- How long – should only take about 10 mins per person at each stage.
- Benefits – in taking part in the research they will be contributing to our collective understanding of the course and in doing so provide more evidence that will attract future users to also experience the positive effects of the course
Booking is easy please follow the link below
Closing date: 1st June 2021
You may want to make your Branch Union Learning Representative or Education Officer aware that you are attending this course to link with other learners or join the local learning network
If you are in need of support to request time off from your work to attend please talk to the branch to gain support.
These sessions are being held in the evening but if you are on shift or working and want to attend you may be able to negotiate time off from your workplace.
You may have a local policy or learning agreement to support with gaining reasonable time off to attend our learning from your employer. There is also guidance via ACAS – Time off advice
What happens once you’ve signed up?
By completing this form our education team will enrol you on to the course and you will be sent confirmation of how to log in and access the online classroom platform.
A zoom link to the online classroom session will be sent to you at least one week before the start date of the course.
If you have any queries please contact the Education Team here: Email: SW Education Enquiries
In collaboration with Mindfulness UK