Members do a lot of work behind the scenes keeping the union running and bringing benefit to workplaces.
We coordinate this work at a regional level through a number of networks that enable activists to keep in touch with each other and develop ideas and campaigns across the South West.
- UNISON runs There For You, a charity to help members in tough times.
- The welfare network raises money and promotes the work of There For You
- Branch welfare officers can get advice and training in their roles assisting members who may be in need of support from There For You
Health and safety network
- The committee arranges an annual forum for Health and Safety Representatives which usually takes place in Spring / Summer
- It provides an opportunity for Health and Safety Representatives to take part in workshops to focus on key current issues for safety in the workplace.
- 2017 is the 40th anniversary of health and safety reps in the workplace. The TUC intends to use this to celebrate our union health and safety representatives. A campaign will launch on Wednesday 25 October 2017, (National Inspection Day) and finish on Workers Memorial Day on 28 April 2018.
- Find out more about being a health and safety rep
- Chair: Caroline Emery, Devon Partnership Mental Health & Learning Disability Trust – caroline.emery[at]nhs[dot]net